This is a great project you can do with your kids or on your own! If you’re going to do it with your kids, you can take the opportunity to talk about reducing, reusing and recycling . You can use these nifty tin can holders to hold just about anything. We use them in the art studio and the kitchen! Here’s a list of materials and step by step guide to help you!
- 6 Tin Cans (all same size)
- 6 Screws (plus two for the handle)
- small 2×4 wood (scrap pile at Home Depot)
- Metal Handle (purchased at Home Depot)
- Can of Black Spray Paint (or colour of your choice)
1) Spray all tin cans, 2×4 and handle with spray paint (make sure to do this in well ventilated area)
2) Once cans have fully dried, use the hammer and nail to knock a small hole in each can in the appropriate spot. You can then make the hole bigger by holding the can against the 2×4 and using the drill. Then use a screw to secure the can to the wood.
3) Screw the handle on top of the 2×4 in the middle.
4) Ta Da!