One of the great things about Fall is all the delicious recipes out there! What we love most about this butternut squash soup recipe is that it’s so easy and only takes about 30 minutes!
1 Butternut squash (2-3 pounds) peeled and seeded
2 tbsp of unsalted butter
1 medium yellow onion chopped
6 cups of chicken stock
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks
2. In large pot melt butter
3. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes
4. Add squash and stock
5. Bring to a simmer and cook until squash is tender, about 15-20 minutes
6. Remove squash chunks with a slotted spoon and place in blender and puree
7. Return to blended squash to pot
8. Stir and seasons with salt and pepper and serve warm.