Our teen cooking class made these in their class and they were just delicious, they were moist and not too hard and didn’t even need to be dipped in coffee, they were just perfect on their own!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, beat sugar, eggs, oil and extracts. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in pumpkin seeds and cranberries (dough will be sticky).
- Divide dough in half; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. With lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 12×2-in. rectangle. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove to wire racks; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 5 minutes or until firm. Turn and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.